Pages

Friday, July 10, 2009

~♥~ AWARDS ~♥~




~EVERYBODY GETS ONE ~





{ ♥♥♥♥ I'm late to the party on this one ♥♥♥♥ }




Seriously, I think all the blogs I read, about nail polish and make-up and product reviews deserve thanks and recognition for the effort they put into their blogging!


Thank you for making time to share information, important information with the rest of the world. Thank you for all the swatching, taking photos of polish and cosmetics, doing a little write-up, and exposing products and companies that are great that I have never heard of before.

Thanks for showcasing all your goodies, your hauls, storage, collections, and modeling expensive polish's I would likely not pick up. The honesty -especially- about products that are horrible, or products that are amazing, is something special.


♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ RANT AHEAD ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥


I hope that it is not offensive to those that work in the industry - but when you pick up a magazine to read about whats new & whats 'in', that's not really what you are reading.... what you are reading is product companies and Ad Executives telling you what you are lacking, whats missing in your life and how you do not measure up to some false notion of what is acceptable. Thus, you must purchase whatever they are hocking.....


I cringe when I think of tallying up all the $$$ I have spent on lotions and potions and junk, Most with not so great results, nothing near the 'promise' I paid for. Essentially everthing is trial and error, and now I have a venue of 1 million chicks (okay thats a little high) who are testing out products and sharing their results..... That is lovely♥♥♥♥♥.


{ NOTE: I use a $60.00 tanning lotion, it's totally worth it, it smells amazing and it actually produces a quality tan, excellent bronzing... {did I mention it smells AMAZING,} I bought it because one of my friends had used it with great results = if I did not see real results I never would have bought it or tried it, so I'm not totally against all products, just ads for for things that make vague promises, that play on self-image.}


So I am a little cheesed off about that whole industry and the need to attack peoples, {especially the ladies } self-image and vanities. I am disturbed by the shady-ness of even innocent advertising of different products..... Especially ones that are directed at the female beauty industry. Thats why I was absolutely delighted to find that there was people doing their own HONEST reviews of products, with results and adding them to their own blogs..... and the YouTube too, =sooooooooooooo awesome!



I have not bought a beauty/lifestyle magazine for like 2 years, I am aware that all advertising is to get you to buy something, however I flipped through a mag at the grocery store recently and was saddened to see the the type of advertising for the demographics......really sad.

YOU ARE PERFECT AND LOVELY JUST THE WAY YOU ARE!

While there are certainly things to buy that will enhance you lovely-ness, you cannot buy self-esteem and a positive self image, sadly, that what most product companies are selling these days = only an image.

{ I am waiting for when they just start using mannequins for cosmetic print and T.V. ads, like a real un-moving plastic mannequin, because that's what most of print ads and TV. commecials look like to me. }

And... End of Rant - Have an awesome weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




3 comments:

Lucy said...

You said it perfectly! I totally agree with your rant. Also thanks for giving everyone the Adorable Award. You all deserve it. I've made fabulous friends, get to write about my favorite subjects, look at all the fantastic photographs of everyone's nails, enjoy all the nail art and have a place to do it all. I really enjoy reading everyone's blog that I can. I believe that we should all comment so that the blogger knows their just not talking to themselves. It's nice to get to know you and exchange ideas, get hints and have a forum to talk about what we love. Thank you all so much.

Mary said...

I totally second everything Lucy said! As far as what advertisers and magazines print, it's all in the name of marketing, whatever it takes to sell more and more. Unfortunately, many people believe their tales. It is sad but true :/ On another note, have you ever looked online for your tanning lotion? Mine is expensive also and I found it way cheaper online. E-mail me if you want the source and I'll look it up. I'd be happy to get it for you and send it your way if shipping would be outrageous. Just a thought :)

Nixxy said...

Amen! I also find sites like
thebeautybrains.com really great for cutting through the B.S. of advertising with pure science.