Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

New Polish - JOE - & Claire's Neon Burst




 2 coats of Claire's Neon Burst over 2 coats of Billie White - Pinky is 3 coats  of Neon Burst

Wow - this is bright, probably the brightest I own. I applied 2 coats of a stark white polish before I applied this bright Claire's polish 'Neon Burst' = I am surprised I even get a decent  non fuzzy photo of it. On my PINKY is just 3 coats of Claire's Neon Burst. No top coat yet, we'll see if I get to some nail art or stickers. I seem to be in a painting mood lately, and I change my polish so often at the moment that I rarely get to my stickers / nail art.

Below is some polish I just picked up. At a Canadian grocery store = Loblaws, Superstore, Fortino's---  whatever it's called in your Provence. These 6 ml polish are very unique colors. I don't think i have anything like these 3 and so I picked them. Most of the other polishs i have ones extremely similar so I passed. The quantity is only 6 ml and they are 3 for $10.00. i totally did not want to buy these - but my impulse got the best of at least they are only $3.00 -ish, right?

And..... of course these were the last three of each kind. Didn't these just come out on the 12th - they surfaced at my grocery store this morning.... I hope they have a box for re-fills in the back.......


anyhoo - I will be swatching these tomorrow. L to R -



From JOE FRESH POLISH


Gunmetal -  a flecked shimmer charcoal bordering on brown
Peacock -  a rich dark teal shimmer with a purple duo-chrome/ flash
Espresso - a dark shimmery espresso



~ 2 coats of a stark white polish = makes neon's super - duper bright ~

~ Billie White' & Claire's Neon Burst ~



10 comments:

Alisa said...

That Claire's polish is amazing!

I bought the Peacock colour from Joe as well as some pastel. I really like them - great deal for the price.

Lissi said...

WOW... That is BRIGHT!

Ice Queen said...

Will someone fetch my sunglasses, please? 8) I haven't seen neon polish that bright in a long time. :D

Brynne said...

I love Neon Burst but it looks like death on my skintone. Sadness.

I also got Peacock as well as Mint and Faded Violet. I've only used Peacock so far, but it's gorgeous on. I stamped over it with China Glaze DV8.

Skulda said...

*rolls around in agony*
I haven't been able to get any Joe yet!! I cannot wait!!

MudMaskHoochie said...

WOW love this and you did excellent on the Neon photos. I tried my hand at them on my blog today and I did BAD lol!!! :)

Liana said...

WOW!!! I love it!!!

Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty said...

Some bloggers in Toronto said they didn't get the 3 for $10 deal ($4 each) but hopeful it's gonna be available soon everywhere. Great choice on those 3 colours

cathryn said...

this looks amazing on your skin tone!! wish i could wear shades like this!

Deez Nailz - Canadas most fabulous hand model said...

Alisa - Thanks It is very, very bright. I haven't worn the peacock colour yet, thats gonna be my next mani.

Lissi - Thats! It is ridiculously bright!

Ice Queen - Thanks! The white underneath it really makes it intense.

Brynne - Thanks! I think it looks bad on my skin tone too - I saw your post with the peacock color and think you have very nice nails.

Skulda - Truthfully they are just okay - I really do not like these stumpy knobbly handles and rarely but any polish with handles like this.

The Polish Hoochie - It is notoriously difficult to take good photos of neon polish's


Liana ~ Thanks it is really this bright IRL

Halifax- I hope they are 3 for 10 loblaws and westfair foods is a funny company.

cathryn -Thanks It was hard to get good photos but this colour is definitely an eye-catcher