Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Nail Fetish Foxy and some Nail Fetish swatches ( Old Skool )


Nail fetish Foxy is a deep mahogany jelly with gold micro-glitter. This was 4 coats with Top Coat. This polish looks dark in most indoor lighting conditions, and an occasional glimmer of the gold glitter is visible. Next time I wear this I will definitely be layering it over a similar base colour. For some reason I thought this would only need 2 coats but I needed 4.




mysterious dim lighting

I am holding Confetti my Favorite Martian

Here is a quick skittles of the Green Nail fetish polish's I have rounded up in my town. These all required 4 or more coats, they are very pretty but thin = thats old skool polish. I guess it was acceptable in the early 90's to be sheer and need multiple coats. I do not own anything similar to Poison Ivy, or Lizard, so I have nothing to compare it to.


Nail Fetish Sci-Fi, Poison Ivy, Lizard

Nail Fetish Sci-Fi, Poison Ivy, Lizard, Sci-Fi


Nail fetish Sci-Fi, Poison Ivy, Lizard



all the Nail Fetish Polish's I have rounded up in my town
Left to Right ( with links to mani's )

Crush - Holographic Multi-sized Glitter
Gothic - Midnight Blue with micro-glitter - like Essie Starry Night or Nat Robins Midnight Hour
Grape Going - Frosty Glitter - my nemesis, but the base colour is fabulous!
Gravy Train - My Favorite! a frosty/shimmery dirty peach with prominent gold shimmer
Foxy - a beautiful sheer mahogany base with gold micro-glitter
Sci-Fi - a shimmery light apple green  = that that has some frosty tendencies -a 'Pearle' perhaps?
Poison Ivy - a medium green that is somewhat frosty
Lizard - a dark green with lots of shimmer

If anyone in the world has these and has better colour descriptions for these let me know! My favirote is Gravy Train, The gold micro glitter in Foxy something special.









6 comments:

KarenD said...

How great! I love old school stuff like this.

B said...

I had Nail Fetishes from the mid 90s too but my bottles were wayyyy different. I remember I used to get them at CVS :) I should take pics

Rachel Marie said...

I've never seen these before! Lovely. :)

Nicole said...

I haven't seen these either Dee, but I LOVE them! So pretty.

Lucy said...

I've never hear of Fetish polish. Love the greens. Foxy is fantastic. Love the gold glitters.

Deez Nailz - Canadas most fabulous hand model said...

KarenD - I looooove old skool stuff too! I remember these at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada...... they were Sally Hansen's answer to Nail Fetish and Street Wear!

SayAnythingBrooke - hmmmmmmmm were they in plastic bottles, becuase I sorta recall some American Nail Fetish Polish's in plastic like bottles......

Rachel Marie - Thanks - Its fun to take trips down nail polish memory Lane.

Nicole - Thanks - They are sheer but very unique..... Ill have to get on Google and look for modern dupes....

Lucy - Thanks Lucy, these are from the mid/early 90's on the back of the bottle it says 1995.