Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

fan brush nail art


 I have seen this fan brush nail art a few times and it always looks great! I am not sold on it yet as this was my first try - - I think adding Pure Ice Busted made me like it alot more then just the 2 Revlon polishes alone.

For this Mani I started with a base of Revlon Hazy, a grey creme, then used the fan brush to make these interesting whispy stripes. Some people are getting super duper thin whispy stripes and they look amazing - I'll be striving for that next time I try this.

fan brush nail art                      ----                       w/ Pure Ice Busted

 stuff I used - Revlon Hazy, No Shrinking Violet, Plum Seduction, and Pure Ice Busted


  I found the fan brush at the DollarRama ( Canada ) I made sure to tape around my nails to prevent having to do an acetone clean-up later.

Revlon hazy - a grey creme and the only Revlon I have ever purchased that I can say I am happy with. If I purchase any more Revlon nail polish's in the future I will make sure they are either opaque creme polish's or heavy duty glitters.


Here is my right hand that turned out pretty crappy - but it is my first time and I am sure if I try this again I will get better!  It was hard to pick up the right amount of polish with the fan brush ..... I will definitly try to use a slower drying polish in the future as well.


I did a practice run with colours that I thought would look good together

a few more glamour shots.....


o


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, this looks really really great! I ned to try this method.

A great combination of colors I must say, I have a soft spot for purple.

Anonymous said...

Looks so pretty!

Anonymous said...

I had wondered how I was to use the fan brush...must keep this in mind when my brush set comes in the mail~

Shannara said...

seen this before, looks great!

Unknown said...

I like how these turned out!! I tried this look as well but neither could get those very small stripes - I think this maybe has to do with the quality of the brush and the way the hairs are positioned...

Marisa said...

This looks amazing!! I love the colors you used!